Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Weight Loss Journey...

So I started Weight Watchers on September 4, 2009. I committed to finally do something for myself to make myself healthier and in general, a happier person. I have done far better with this than I ever imagined! I knew I would succeed at losing the weight, but wasn't sure if I would "stay" in the right frame of mind to keep on track. I guess I keep surprising myself! As of today I have lost a total of 47 pounds!! I am so proud of myself for doing this! I still have a ways to go. I would like to lose a total of 123 pounds. I know that with the help of weight watchers and the encouragement from my family and friends I can achieve this! I have had a loss every week since I started, and am so excited about that! Yes, there have been a few weeks here and there that I really wanted a piece of chocolate cake, but I am learning to make better choices, and have NOT had that peice of cake! LOL! When I started this journey, I was a miserable, fat person. I hated the way I looked! It amazes me how weight can affect you, as a person. I was grumpy alot, not very friendly, didn't want to do anything, I was boring. All that is changing. I am more friendly, out going, and more confident for sure! I want to wear clothes that are more form fitting instead of wearing bagy hoodies and stretchy pants. I gave away ALL of my stretchy pants, most of my hoodies, and in all......I have gotten rid of 4 HUGE black garbage bags full of clothes that are "too big"!!

Life is definately better for me as a person. I love who I am and I love who I am becoming. It's like I am finding a brand new person inside me that I forgot was there! I want to be an active parent, a loving wife and a devoted friend. By next winter I want to teach my kids how to snow ski! I have not been in ski's since I was 18 and I think it's time to pull them out again and let my kids experience the joy of going down those slopes!

I'm not gonna waite around anymore for life. I am going to grab life and go with it! I want this so bad, that nothing is going to stop me from achieving my goal. I want this with all that I am.......

All in all, I am so happy with life right now! I am doing what "I" need to do to make my life better and me better!!

1 comment: