Thursday, January 21, 2010

I Am A Christian.....


When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean livin''. I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.' When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride. I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide. When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong. I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on. When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success. I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess. When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect. My flaws are far too visible but, God believes I am worth it. When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain. I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name. When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou. I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

No comments:

Post a Comment